Location: Toronto, Canada.
Positions available: 02
We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Art Director to help to support the creative vision and exceptional execution of work by our Marketing department.
Reporting to the Creative Director, this role will be responsible for idea generation and artistic direction of all channels including digital, social, web, videos, etc. Our Marketing department's goal is to create world-class, awarded, strategic creative communications in support of all of our business functions.
You will develop strategic communication to advance the FCBB’s brand. You can work independently with minimal direction, or in tandem with the Creative Director. You collaborate to generate motivation, efficiency, strategy, and high-quality content and partner service.
You will join a team of dedicated professionals in a non-profit environment, enabling the organization to achieve its goals.
- Balance strategic creative development with FCBB objectives;
- Proactively or in response to a brief, identify strategic opportunities for creative storytelling that deliver on FCBB or team/event objectives;
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, concept development and creative execution;
- Recommend, research and develop imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution;
- Collaborate with the writer to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives;
- Direct and be accountable for the final development and production of creative assets;
- Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and that the project overall meets or exceeds the design objectives;
- Contribute to the development of initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives;
- Lead efforts in design and includes training, motivation, and coaching;
- Stay current on trends, entertainment marketing and bring external insight into your work.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Public Relations, Marketing, or a similar field is preferred;
- 4-5+ years Art director experience with 2+ years in an agency/studio environment
- Fluency in English and Portuguese – mandatory;
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign;
- Proficiency in After Effects is favourable;
- Expertise in typography, layout design, and composition;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Experience guiding, mentoring and coaching designers and/or videographers to bring out the best in their work;
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative execution;
- A proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
As part of the Recruitment and Selection process, please send your resume to and click here to fill the application form.