HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Location: Canada, Toronto
Positions available: 1
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you! The HR Generalist will reside in the Human Resources department and will report to the Human Resources Manager.
In this role, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to develop HR policies and procedures, full cycle of recruiting (from develop job description to on-boarding) and analyses data (HR metrics).
The professional will join a team of dedicated professionals in a non-profit environment, enabling the organization to achieve its goals.
- Help recruiting and selecting new volunteers;
- Creating and keep job descriptions current;
- Research new sources of recruitment;
- Support on-boarding process;
- Providing guidance and assistance to employees and managers including employee relations, performance management, disability management, and HR policies and programs;
- Develop and recommend effective onboarding processes;
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations;
- Help to perform interviews, screens, and recruit for all levels;
- Ensure the compatibility of applicants to job positions;
- Manage structure, position documentation, and evaluation system;
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in a HR, psychology or related discipline;
- Minimum 1-2 year’s experience in Recruiting, HR process or related corporate experience;
- Bilingual English and Portuguese (written and spoken);
- Work experience in recruitment preferred;
- Demonstrated work knowledge of multiple human resource areas preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations and policies;
- Ability to develop and implement strategies;
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Presentation skills required;
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required;
- Attention to detail in all areas of work;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
As part of the Recruitment and Selection process, please send your resume to and click here to fill the application form.